I don't have enough time in to be a slave to tradition....<grin>.  I'm
still learning my K3.

What I do is:
- find the DX
- hit A > B
- tune up the band using the VFO B
- hold "Split"
- send my call, and so on
- adjust the VFO B frequency as needed.

What I'd like is:

- find the DX ( I enjoy finding DX without the cluster, but do use cluster for
dxpeditions).
- hold "Split"
- Tap a button, and then hit "2" or "5" or some other number to quickly set the
split frequency

- send my call, and so on,
- adjust the VFO B frequency as needed.

Rich