Jim,
If you'd like to get your code speed up, I highly recommend "The Art &
Skill of Radio-Telegraphy" ... it can be found in html at
http://www.zerobeat.net/tasrt/contents.htm . A downloadable pdf is
available, but it's not nearly so easy to navigate. I'm trying to get my
code speed up too, and it's very helpful.

I also use CwType <http://dxsoft.com/> (paste any text in the window and
hear it at whatever speed you want). The Art&Skill book has "common
words" you can copy and paste directly into CwType, which really helps
with the practice.

At http://www.k0ru.net/fog/highspeed.html , you'll find a few words of
advice from a chap who's running at speed.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX (K2-5373, K3-40)
570-321-1516
http://WilcoxEngineering.com
Williamsport, PA 17701

Jim Miller KG0KP wrote:
> OK, Guys, I'm a newbe to ham(18 years) compared.  And I have been avoiding CW
> until the past few months (after passing my 20 word test for my extra(16
> years ago!)).  This spring I started Triple Play to force myself to get
> serious on CW and it has been uphill all the way but I am gaining on it
> (still missing 15 states CW on LOTW).
>
> QRQ?  High speed CW ??  OK, so how do you get to 60 or 100 WPM anyway?  PC or
> at least keyboard input?  I can't imagine accuracy for copyable code being
> input via paddle above maybe 40 wpm or so.  Also, PC for decode even up to
> 100 wpm or is that by ear !!! ?

<snip>