OK, Guys, I'm a newbe to ham(18 years) compared.  And I have been avoiding CW
until the past few months (after passing my 20 word test for my extra(16 years
ago!)).  This spring I started Triple Play to force myself to get serious on CW
and it has been uphill all the way but I am gaining on it (still missing 15
states CW on LOTW).

QRQ?  High speed CW ??  OK, so how do you get to 60 or 100 WPM anyway?  PC or
at least keyboard input?  I can't imagine accuracy for copyable code being
input via paddle above maybe 40 wpm or so.  Also, PC for decode even up to 100
wpm or is that by ear !!! ?

Also, during the contests I sometimes hear cw going so fast all that is heard
is "thumping", there is no tone whatsoever being transmitted.  Do I have
something set wrong or are some radios prone to transmit like this?  These are
not close in stations (579 or so) so it shouldn't be overload and backing off
the rf gain doesn't make it any different.

Thanks, de Jim KG0KP