I would have no use for a 750 Hz filter. 99% of the time I use SSB bandwidth
on emty CW bands, or less than 500 Hz BW.

I have my filters set so the 500 Hz roofing kicks in at 600 Hz BW, my 250
roofing in at 350.

This is in an attempt to soften the big 50 Hz selectivity steps when using
narrow filters. The only "selectivity thing" I would like to change is the
huge percentage of step change at narrow selectivity.  I find the steps much
too abrupt, especially when the DSP changes at the same time the roofing
filter does in a step. :-)

The 50 Hz steps really annoy me at narrow CW selectivities.