In message <caa7aphgamsh0jkpoxj8jtd-5rgvkg+qimuao2y_2m+dyt+z...@mail.gmail.com>
          stephen Turner <stephen.n.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, first thanks for maintaining this project, It looks very promising and
> i am excited to be testing it out in my system soon.
>
> Is there a reason elftoolchain has opted to not use gnu make? Is a part of
> the build process when using gnu make broken or unable to be executed
> properly?

In case autotools is an option for you (which will in the end create
a GNU make compatible makefile), have a look at autotools support in
ticket #321 : http://sourceforge.net/p/elftoolchain/tickets/321/#cf36.

Most probably that supplied patch is a bit outdated after 2+ years.

It is actually part of:

svn diff
svn://svn.riscos.info/gccsdk/trunk/tools/elftoolchain/{upstream-trunk,current-trunk}

'upstream-trunk' follows sf.net svn trunk but I'm no longer regulary
syncing it.

FYI, the remaining parts in that diff are other fixes which have been sent
upstream but I'm not sure whether they are already accepted or not.

As said in above ticket comment, my main motivation was cross-compiler
support so pmake wasn't an option for me.

John.
--
John Tytgat                                                             BASS
j...@bass-software.com