> The last proposal completely dropped the ability to set an application as
> permanent, temporary, etc. hence the name :extra_applications. If we are
> going to have such ability, I would stick with :start_applications
> previously proposed.

Why drop that capability? It's rare for sure that someone would need a
start type other than :permanent, but nevertheless I think it should be
supported. Adding :start_applications makes sense (assuming one can specify
the start type, otherwise it's not needed and we can just use :applications
for this), but what about :load only apps?

Paul