I realized that was probably the case about 30 seconds after I posted my
message @José. :)  In fact I thought about simply deleting my message but
left it up there in case I was wrong.

Ah well.  At least I know I'm thinking along the right lines.

oc

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:07 AM, José Valim <jose.va...@plataformatec.com.br
> wrote:

> While I get your point, there's also the common use case of logging
>> messages; that is, I usually include the app name in case someone decides
>> to log everything to the same log.  There's also message displayed to the
>> end user.  I mean I usually put something in the message about exactly
>> which app it is in case the end-user decides to capture a screen shot or
>> something like that.  For whatever it's worth, having a standardized
>> variable like __APP__ would help with those use cases and make it a little
>> easier to maintain.
>>

> Logger automatically includes the application in the metadata. You don't
> need to do anything besides configuring Logger to include it as part of the
> logged metadata:
>
> config :logger, :console, metadata: [:application]
>

> --
> msgid/elixir-lang-core/CAGnRm4K5EvZvRumjHQrDQ9cOHjuL8
> J6MgmxiXDgOj492QwA2aA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elixir-lang-core/CAGnRm4K5EvZvRumjHQrDQ9cOHjuL8J6MgmxiXDgOj492QwA2aA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Onorio Catenacci