One more point. Even if my proposal is not accepted, these docs for
Kernel.get_in really need to change

In case any of the entries in the middle returns nil, nil will be returned as
per the Access module:

    iex> users = %{"john" => %{age: 27}, "meg" => %{age: 23}}
    iex> get_in(users, ["unknown", :age])
    nil

The Access module guarantees no nil-safety. It's an "accident" that Access.get
does.

-Greg Vaughn