I’m having trouble understanding the right structure for a relatively simple
app. I’m thinking of this in actor-ish terms, which is probably wrong.

There’s a Main model that has the state of an animation. One part is the
animation's speed. At times, the user will want to change that speed.

At the moment, the user will do that by typing numbers into a text field and
then hitting a “Change” button. In the future, control will be via something
more like a slider.

I want the Main model’s associated `update` to be unaffected by that future
change.

To me, that implies that `Controller` should have its own `model`, `update`,
`view`, and `subscriptions`. It should be its own little machine that gets
started by Main then operates independently to periodically send commands. It
seems natural to put all that into its own `Controller.elm` separate from
`Main.elm`. (For example, let’s say that the text field will only allow valid
integers. Seems like the `onInput` update that checks the current contents of
the text field should be part of an isolated “component.”)

Does this make sense?

What’s the right way to wire all this together?

Sample code?