On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:53:36 PM UTC-7, Max Goldstein wrote:

> Last night I fought with random number generators
>>

> Have you seen my library, mgold/elm-random-pcg? It doesn't solve the basic
> problem of "randomness is hard in a functional language" but it has better
> docs and some useful helper functions.

My issues are more basic than that---mostly not yet grokking the syntax and
idioms.

My first result is here:  https://github.com/jmarca/elm-letterfall,
https://github.com/jmarca/elm-letterfall/blob/master/src/Letterfall.elm
with a demo version here:
https://bl.ocks.org/jmarca/90393db9433ee8e91fd65e8836a6a3d3

Same approach of replicating a D3 example in a language, and this one I do
most of the rendering in D3 because figuring out how to get a random-length
slice of a randomly shuffled list was hard enough.

I made use of Random.Array for the shuffling, but did not see your
library.  I'll check it out next time I bump up against using randomness.