I've been thinking about how I'll give a talk about Elm (at a JS event in
Nottingham, UK). To demonstrate Model-Update-View, I think I'll start with
the Counter example, but instead of in code, in real life. So I'd say "I'm
a counter, I'm on 0. Increment and Decrement me." and end up with a room of
people yelling "Up" and "Down" with me going "4! 5! 4! 3!". Then we'll code
it.

Just thought your 14-16 yos might find that fun and illustrative.