Yes, for precisely the same usage.  It is much easier to swap between
something and `none` then it it to do list building with if conditions.  I
made my own by using a dummy attribute name that should 'never be used'
(*cough*) of "nonenonenone".

A side effect is the vdom checking is a little more efficient if more than
1 set of things change at once since the overall 'shape' of the vdom does
not change.  ^.^