On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 2:46:06 AM UTC+1, Ian Mackenzie wrote:

> In general, yes, using matrices would likely be a bit more efficient, but
> you can get pretty close using techniques like the above, and I think the
> expressiveness/clarity/flexibility is better.

Thanks for this explanation. Also, I did say in my OP that performance was
not such an important issue for me, as I am only rendering a relatively
static diagram that does not have a huge number of elements in it. I should
also concede that there is no guarantee that using 3x3 matrices would be
faster anyway, it depends on the implementation and the only real way to
know would be to set up a benchmark and measure and compare.

So I decided to go with OpenSolid as it is a very nice library and has a
lot of features.

I also cloned OpenSolid/svg and made a version that renders to
elm-community/typed-svg. Once I have finished converting the docs, tests
and examples you might like to clone it back again and publish it under
OpenSolid/typed-svg? I'll let you know once I get to that stage anyway.