On Mar 21, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Martin Dietze wrote:
> thank you for this information, I had not known this. Having
> tried to build I ran across a problem which I do not seem to be
> able to solve, here's the stacktrace:
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /var/src/build/emacs/emacs-bzr-20100321/src/bootstrap-emacs
> -batch --no-site-file --multibyte -f batch-byte-compile

OK, that's the Bzr checkout then from Savannah, right?

> 0x0818adfa in mark_object (arg=138917121) at alloc.c:5467
> 5467            MARK_INTERVAL_TREE (ptr->intervals);

OK, that's probably already a pretty good bug report.
NB, at least the 23.2 branch builds fine on OS X (Darwin).

Can you report the problem to bug-Gnu-Emacs <bug-gnu-em...@gnu.org> , including
your gcc version and a description of the build environment?

Also, you may want to try the stable branch (for Emacs 23) from the same
repository.  There's a remote chance that this might work better.  You can also
try my branch, Aquamacs, whose official repository is at
http://github.com/davidswelt/aquamacs-emacs .  It's made for Mac, but I wonder
if it would be possible to get it to run on GNUStep as well.

As for your investigation building with a "temacs" that was built without-ns,
that is probably helpful information for diagnosis.

The GNUStep port probably gets very little testing, so I'm not surprised that
it's not functional.

- David