On 28 May 2016, Vikas Rawal wrote:

Thanks John. Appreciate that you cared to respond to such a vague query. I am at a loss with this one. It does not happen all the time. I think it happens when I am processing large datasets, and CPUs and RAM of my system are struggling to keep up. But I could be wrong.

I've had the same kind of thing happen---but C-g (sometimes many) to kill the command, then rerunning, usually works without any trouble. Some strange combination of CPU and RAM and all that, the kind of thing that's not easily reproducible.

Relatedly, sometimes if I have ":results output" for one block and then ":results values" for the next one, the second block picks up the output from the first one. But then other times not! Seems to depend on how intensive the R work is.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada :: https://www.miskatonic.org/
Caveat lector.