I have used blogofile for many years now. I write the posts in orgmode but
export them to html with the required yaml header.

That approach could also be used for markdown. This old
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2013/09/27/Publishing-to-blogofile-using-org-mode/
but lays out the basic approach I use with my blog.

Note I am not sure I would recommend blogofile today. It is not actively
developed anymore I think. It does what I want these days.
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 12:21 PM Russell Adams <rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:34:57AM -0500, John Hendy wrote:
> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Russell Adams
> > <rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com> wrote:

> > > I think it tries to remotely call emacs to compile the org to html,
> but I didn't want the extra layers. Markdown is adequate.

> but not so frustrating as to change :)
> > >
> > > Yeah, but IRC has been good for answering questions. I was able to get
> a minimal site with NO external links, libs, js,
> > > css, other crap, etc in a short time.
> >
> > I'm intrigued. Do you have the sources or could you post the gist
> > somewhere? While the result looks more or less pretty, the bootstrap3
> > base was super intimidating with respect to changing anything. I
> > probably hunted for 30min or more just to figure out why changing the
> > navbar color didn't work. Turns out it was hardcoded to use the
> > navbar-inverse class instead of the regular navbar class!?
>
> http://adamssystems.nl/
>
> You can examine the CSS there. I disabled all CDNs. I didn't want any
> javascript, external libs, etc. My ublock shows
> zero other sites, no third party code.
>
> I'd have to dig into how I customized the pre-compiled css files.
>

> > John
> >
> > > I think my only complaint is that when I moved laptops my Python
> version changed and now I have to fix it.

> > > Russell Adams                            rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com
> > >
> > > PGP Key ID:     0x1160DCB3           http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/
> > >
> > > Fingerprint:    1723 D8CA 4280 1EC9 557F  66E8 1154 E018 1160 DCB3

> Russell Adams                            rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com
>
> PGP Key ID:     0x1160DCB3           http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/
>
> Fingerprint:    1723 D8CA 4280 1EC9 557F  66E8 1154 E018 1160 DCB3
>
> --
John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F