On Monday, 24 Oct 2022 at 18:34, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
> The main problem I find is that they both also run
> closed and, presumably, proprietary software.

They both run Linux but with proprietary user interfaces.

> I wonder if these devices are capable of exporting normal annotations in
> plain text or xml?

The annotations are not text: they are vector data corresponding to the
movement of the stylus.  You can extract that information (I have
software for the reMarkable that does so) but doing character
recognition would be challenging...

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.5-1023-g48b237 in Emacs 29.0.50