Timothy <orgm...@tec.tecosaur.net> writes:

> If you do come across any issues, please let me know either in a reply
> here or the org-mode matrix room.

First of all, thank you for working on this!

Here are some issues, after using your patch-set for 1 day:

ISSUE 1: CLIPPING

On my HiDPI screen, the new previews are clipped slightly at the edges.
I had this issue before and fixed it in [1][2].  Has the same bug crept
back?

[1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=52ebf6b45
[2] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=5337a49f3

ISSUE 2: TIKZ

I use LaTeX Babel blocks for TikZ, and these stopped working.  From the
*Messages* buffer:

Executing Latex unknown at position 846...
Processing LaTeX file
/var/folders/ky/8r5j3qz55hb94lpg1jr9vl1c0000gn/T/babel-ntjCLq/latex-aGIYEN.tex...
Compiling
/var/folders/ky/8r5j3qz55hb94lpg1jr9vl1c0000gn/T/babel-ntjCLq/latex-aGIYEN.tex...
org-compile-file: File
"/var/folders/ky/8r5j3qz55hb94lpg1jr9vl1c0000gn/T/babel-ntjCLq/latex-aGIYEN.svg"
 wasn’t producedorg babel latex failed
PDF file produced.

The linked LaTeX file compiles without errors, and a PDF file with
correct content sits next to it.  Perhaps the preview system needs to
wait longer?

[Also notice the missing space in "producedorg".]

It would be *FABULOUS* if this patch-set could also make 'ob-babel' use
the same mechanism as the new previews, 'dvisvgm' (TeX to DVI to SVG)
instead of Inkscape (TeX to PDF to SVG).  It would fix, for example,
scaling.  On my system, LaTeX Babel outputs everything at half of the
correct size, and I cannot convince Inkscape to scale up to save my
life.  The previews and 'dvisvgm' work as expected, conversely.

It would be *SUPER-FABULOUS* if the new previews worked with TikZ out of
the box, as per the Org manual saying "any LaTeX environment is handled"
[1] when not using MathJax.  Currently, PGF plots show as "blobs of
letters" and the simplest TikZ pictures, such as

\begin{tikzpicture}
  \filldraw (0, 0) circle[radius = 1cm];
\end{tikzpicture}

make the preview system choke with

error in process filter: org-latex-preview--svg-make-fg-currentColor: Wrong
type argument: stringp, nil
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

[1] https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-fragments.html

Rudy
--
"One can begin to reason only when a clear picture has been formed in
the imagination."

Rudolf Adamkovič <salu...@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava