Daniel Pittman writes:
 > On Fri, 12 May 2000, Kai Großjohann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > wrote:
 >
 > > Pete says that colons in rcp-file-format don't work for him,
 > > whereas Francisco and Daniel say they work fine.  What can we do
 > > to find out why the colons don't work for Pete?
 > >
 > > The XEmacs versions used:
 > >
 > > Pete            XEmacs 21.1.7
 > > Fransisco       21.1 (patch 8) "Bryce Canyon" XEmacs Lucid
 > > Daniel          21.2  (beta32) "Kastor & Polydeukes" XEmacs Lucid
 > >
 > > So maybe this is a problem in 21.1.7 which has been fixed in later
 > > releases?
 >
 > Maybe. I know that there is some dangerous code to manage drive
 > letters[1] in some of the C sources. It does all the DWIM things
 > that MS-DOS has one forever, such as 'd:file' =>
 > 'd:/current/path/file' and things like that.
 >
 > Er, it /tries/ not to fsck with EFS paths and that sort of thing,
 > but reading the code I think that rcp paths may well trip some of
 > the cases, possibly including the one above...
 >
 > Pete, are you running the Windows version of XEmacs?

No.  XEmacs 21.1.7 on AIX 4.3.2 and IRIX 6.5.5m, and 20.4 on Solaris
2.6.

I have yet to upgrade to XEmacs 21.1.10 but I've just pulled efs.el
from cvs.xemacs.org.  The overloading code that is giving me grief is
still the same.
--
Pete Forman              | Disclaimer: This posting is originated by
Western Geophysical      | myself and does not represent the opinion