On 5/12/2002 18:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: >For the past week or so, I have received several very strange emails. Let >me try to explain, but keep in mind that I am not sure that I can >describe the problem fully. I have received several emails that according >to "Mail Siphon" are large enough to contain an attachment, yet there is >no attachment listed nor do I find one in the download folder. For >example, the header info below (from Mail Siphon) is from an email that >is listed as 144.9KB, yet there is no attachment and no text in the body >of the email. I don't know the sender, yet when I trace the return >address by searching the web, it turns out to be someone here in my >hometown. > >I have received serveral of these, sometimes from different people but >they all contain "Return-Path: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the >header, no attachements, and no text in the body. None of these seems >intended for me and they don't appear to be spam. > >A couple of details - My actual email address is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", >but I have a forwarding service so that my mailed is addressed to >"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and then forwarded to me. I have a dial-up connection >and use Emailer 2.0.3. I'm not a techie, so the header info below is >mostly gobbly-gook to me. > >I am very curious to find out what is going on, any ideas? >
Yes, these are viruses that probably attacked your friend's address book or more likely the address book of someone with both your names. They apparently have .pif attachments (whatever they are), that were you to look at an online mailbox, would show as some kind of text attachment. Just be thankful to Emailer and delete them forthwith. Alicia Gordon Gordon Word Artists French and Spanish Translation ___________________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

