What about this scenario: Running in OS X, connect via (non-AOL) ISP, and 
then use Emailer to fetch AOL mail (using the TCP/IP Connection file).

Will _that_ work?

 - dan  

-----It appears that [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote, on 20020921 6:52 AM:
>To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Emailer-Talk)
>>Someone may have suggested this as a solution to the "CE won't dial my 
>>modem from Classic unless it's making a TCP-IP connection", but if not, 
>>is it possible to create an applescript that CE can run when it tries to 
>>dial, say AOL, that would cause a script in OS X to make the modem dial 
>>out to AOL server then disconnect after a certain period of innactivity? 
>>I've never written an applescript (though I have misspelled it on 
>>occassion) so I don't know if this is possible.
>
>No, only because OS X has no support to connect to the AOL server. You 
>need certain info to make the connection, and that info is only available 
>in Emailer.



   =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
   =-=-  Dan  at featherweightstuff dot com     -=-=
   =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=



___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to