>>Someone may have suggested this as a solution to the "CE won't dial my >>modem from Classic unless it's making a TCP-IP connection", but if not, >>is it possible to create an applescript that CE can run when it tries to >>dial, say AOL, that would cause a script in OS X to make the modem dial >>out to AOL server then disconnect after a certain period of innactivity? >>I've never written an applescript (though I have misspelled it on >>occassion) so I don't know if this is possible. > >No, only because OS X has no support to connect to the AOL server. You >need certain info to make the connection, and that info is only available >in Emailer. > >-chris ><http://www.mythtech.net>
I may be wrong on this, but if OSX dials the number to the AOL dialup server, just openning a connection, won't the server then ask for info from the computer, like password and screen name? Could this info be stored in an Applescript for OSX, or, once the connection is open, if the AOL server doesn't know if it's talking to OSX or Classic, wouldn't CE realize there's an open connection and relay the info to AOL? ___________________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

