On Feb 3 2013 1:02 PM, Chris Morley wrote:

>> > I don't know if the trajectory planner keeps the move history, if
>> it
>> > does then it might be possible to allow negative adaptive feed.
>>
>> Unfortunately negative feed would require major rework - there is no
>> history of the path that has been executed.  (That has also been
>> discussed at length in the context of EDM.)
>>

>> --
>>   John Kasunich
>>   jmkasun...@fastmail.fm
>>

> Michael did a proof of concept on jog-while-paused once.
> You can see it on Utube.
>
> I think it worked by making a second queue for the jogging part.
> Then when you were done it picked up the original queue's move.
>
> I wonder if that same basic concept could be put to use with
> backing up an EDM move.

possibly, but a more principled hack would be to interface it at the
point where it calls the low lever Catmull-Rom spline, and just evaluate
it in reverse.  I do not know how difficult that would be, but it would
require the ability to move in the negitive direction.  I have written
things like this for moving along splines with custom code, but I would
have to look into how to do this in EMC-s low level motion planning.
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to set up a "reverse-motion"
pin in HAL, and then evaluate it internally, or modify the adaptive move
command to allow positive/negitive feedback voltage which would imply
forward/reverse of motion.  Anyway that is my thought off the cuff.

   EBo --