I'm using the plastic version of the Neutrik connectors for my servo power
leads. No problems at all.

Of course, for our use, connectors are overkill (in a sense). Connectors
are made to be connected and disconnected multiple times. These connectors
are connected once when the machine is deployed and then left connected for
the life of the machine (more or less).

The only time I've disconnected them is when I needed to swap axes to do
some trouble shooting.

The Neutrik connectors do have a good feel to them They just "feel"
reliable.

Ken

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Tom Easterday <tom-...@bgp.nu> wrote:

> > On Oct 13, 2015, at 2:20 PM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > However I since found Neutrik Speakon connectors, and they now do
> > metal sockets and plugs:
> >
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/neutrik-nlt4mp-4-pole-male-chassis-speakon-connector-n50gb
> >
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/speakon-4-pole-cable-plug-stx-series-metal-body-a59qt
> >
> > (I don't know how well shielded they are).
>
> We used Neutrik xlr, ethernet and powercon connectors on the plasma
> machine we built.  All external cabling goes through those into the control
> box.  They are really nicely made and comparatively inexpensive.  We
> haven’t had a single problem in the 5 years they have been on the machine,
> which sees a ton of use in a somewhat dirty environment.  They positively
> lock and have rubber grommets that seal nicely.  I would highly recommend
> them.
>
> -Tom

Kenneth Lerman
55 Main Street