I could not remember the brand, but it was Neutrik.   I used the metal
ones and they really worked well.

These are the exact parts I used.

http://www.markertek.com/product/nc4fx/neutrik-nc4fx-4-pin-xlr-female-cable-connector
http://www.markertek.com/product/nc4mp/neutrik-nc4mp-male-4-pin-chassis-mount-xlr

The picture of the plug is not correct.   The color was silver and there
is a button that you depress to release the lock.
These plugs will not fall out and they click nicely when inserted.

These guys also have free shipping and they shipped them out quickly.

It was money well spent as the box I did was setup to run both a little
lathe and a little mill with the same control box and this made it easy
to change the motor connections.
And yes, they have been warned not to pull the plugs with the power
on!    A big warning sticker was placed next to the jacks. That should
extend the time until the drives are blown!  :-)

Dave

On 10/13/2015 5:09 PM, Kenneth Lerman wrote:
> I'm using the plastic version of the Neutrik connectors for my servo power
> leads. No problems at all.
>
> Of course, for our use, connectors are overkill (in a sense). Connectors
> are made to be connected and disconnected multiple times. These connectors
> are connected once when the machine is deployed and then left connected for
> the life of the machine (more or less).
>
> The only time I've disconnected them is when I needed to swap axes to do
> some trouble shooting.
>
> The Neutrik connectors do have a good feel to them They just "feel"
> reliable.
>
> Ken
>

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Tom Easterday <tom-...@bgp.nu> wrote:
>
>>> On Oct 13, 2015, at 2:20 PM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> However I since found Neutrik Speakon connectors, and they now do
>>> metal sockets and plugs:
>>>
>> http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/neutrik-nlt4mp-4-pole-male-chassis-speakon-connector-n50gb
>> http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/speakon-4-pole-cable-plug-stx-series-metal-body-a59qt
>>> (I don't know how well shielded they are).
>> We used Neutrik xlr, ethernet and powercon connectors on the plasma
>> machine we built.  All external cabling goes through those into the control
>> box.  They are really nicely made and comparatively inexpensive.  We
>> haven’t had a single problem in the 5 years they have been on the machine,
>> which sees a ton of use in a somewhat dirty environment.  They positively
>> lock and have rubber grommets that seal nicely.  I would highly recommend
>> them.
>>
>> -Tom

---