I've been asked about some seemingly unintuitive behavior:  the max
velocity slider is not applied to rotary-only motion.  You can try this
yourself by running the `axis_9axis.ini` config, setting the max
velocity slider to zero, and noting rotary axes still move after e.g.
`g0 a180 f40`.

This can't be trivially fixed by applying the max velocity setting to
rotary-only motion.  Back in 2007, Chris explained [1] (referring to a
document still available from NIST [2]) that feed rate in units/minute
can be unintuitive for rotary-only motion, since the units are degrees
instead of inches or millimeters.

Ok, so damned if we do, and damned if we don't; then what are the other
options?  Axis has a couple of instructive examples:

- The rapid override slider reads on a percentage scale, and the same
slider does what one would expect, both for linear and rotary-only motion.

- The jog speed slider reads in linear units/minute, and when a rotary
axis is configured a second slider reading in degrees/minute appears.

Right now, I'm leaning toward recommending the max velocity slider be
changed to a percentage scale and applied to both, similar to rapid
override.  I'd love to hear other opinions.  Thanks-

        John

[1]: https://sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/message/13618943/
[2]: http://ws680.nist.gov/publication/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=823374