On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Th?ng L? wrote:

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 23:27:57 +0700
From: "[UTF-8] Th?ng L?" <lethang12...@gmail.com>
To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] writing new firmware to read yaskawa absolute
    encoder

this is a great idea but how can i right-shift the data? Both your way and
Peter's way seem have to touch UART source. I dont mind to modify it but if need to change firmware is a bit problem with me

No need to change firmware or PktUART driver as long as the PktUART driver is "8 bit clean" and Im pretty sure it is

The only thing that changes is that on TX data you must generate the parity
bit before you transfer the data to the driver and on RX , you need to mask out bit 7 (or do a parity check in software then mask out bit 7)

These could be handled by a very simple component

On 16 March 2018 at 08:52, Th??ng L?? <lethang12...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The data frame is: 1 bit start + character 7 bits + 1 bit even parity +
 1
> bit stop. I dont need creat this Frame for TX, if there is anyway that i
> can configure this Frame for RX without touching uart firmware and
> component source?

It sounds like you should be able to configure the UART for 1 start, 1
stop and no-parity and then right-shift the data to lose the parity
bit
(Possibly after checking parity manually)

--
atp
lunatics."

L?? Th????ng