Mick

I hope you don't mind I pushed this back to the list.

I too was hoping to make inroads for modularity, future proofing, and lowering
the bar for future developers.

I'm not an expert of course but the multi core approach did seem to make sense
for the future.

It was also conveniently already done and already modular.

If we had made our HAL similarly modular then one could conceivably used either
library.

I also thought that by using a HAL library maintained by someone else, the
small amount of active developers

could concentrate on other things, while still expanding the utility of HAL.

It seems, at least on the linuxcnc side there is little interest in the
work/idea of using MK's HAL.

There are multiple reasons that i draw this conclusion, but it doesn't really
matter.

I do appreciate, everyone's participation in the discussion.

I feel it's good to stop and ask these kinds of questions from time to time.

Chris M