Hi all,

the link-time optimization as such is highly dependant on the target
architecture (as well as the compiler/linker suite of course).

While on smaller, more simple core architectures, e.g. small µCs, the
effect can be quite large, on µP architectures with complex multi level
caches, intelligent prefetch whatsoever, it's most of the times a matter of
try and error whether the optimization is really helpful.
If you now consider the code might be run on different processors, it
renders the effort more on the waste than helpful side.

But try it anyways and let us know what you think!

Regards,
Daniel