> dear Linux developers,
>
> I'm pleased to announce a new fork of LinuxCNC, called "OpenCN* :

Forking must be a disadvantage if some stuff must be left out but as you said
it is a major rewrite so ...

> OpenCN is an open source numerical control (CNC) for high end machining
> applications (high dynamics, high precision).
>
> OpenCN is originally based on LinuxCNC, but with strong enhancements :
>
> -) completely reworked trajectory planning (TP) including jerk control based
> on embedded optimization

Have done simple 1D trajectory planning and it is susprisingly hard to make the
numbers fit. Read somewhere someone wrote a PhD thesis about trajectory
planning, this have something to do with this?

> -) Xenomai asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) for hard real time, low latency
> -) up to date Linux kernel
> -) EtherCat with 10 kHz frame rate and distributed clock (DC), mode B

Ethercat is really good news, there are plenty of not to expensive devices
readily available. I have a simple Ethercat driver running but are in doubt
about license issues, it is based on soem/soes.

> -) new Qt based GUI superseding "axis"

Do not like python but use if needed, this mean C++ is used instead of python?