Hi,

On Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2020, 21:38:16 CEST Alec Ari via Emc-developers wrote:
> X.org was old, so Wayland was invented. Sysvinit was old so SystemD was
> invented. If you don't like the GUI for LinuxCNC because it looks old, you
> can make your interface look super pretty with qtpyvcp.

Even if this was meant sarcastic ...

When I started with linuxcnc, I had only litte change requirements to gui
(well, in my point of view). Not for being old, but for functional
requirements.
Anyway - I started with release, but I had to realize, that neither glade-,
nor qt-designer-extensions from lc worked on my debian installation. Asking
for help in forum, I was told, that the designers will work with rip-
installation.
RIP-installation? - wtf - I wanted to start with linuxcnc, not bring it to
cementery

What ever - when I understand the second meaning of rip, I thought: why should
I use a release, when I have to recompile all the stuff by myself?
So I changed to git-master (then) and started to use rip-installation. Qt-
designer-extensions stil don't work on my debian box and gscreen uses old
designer (which had to be installed from source) and old python ...
One day I was fatigued from corrupting my debian and using extensions from lc
that don't really work, so I started to create my own gui.

Meanwhile I arranged myself for using non-debian stuff on my debian box and I'm
fine with master.
So I don't care any more for releases.
Never wanted to become a developer for lc, but I had so strange errors, that
nobody seemed to be interested in, that I had to jump in the mud.

If other users have similar experiences, then a lot of precious developer time
has been wasted on releases, that don't have much importance.
I believe, that developer time spent on pushing things ahead makes more sense,
than spending it on releases.

cheers Reinhard