> Having it synchronized to the axis movements would be ideal but I am not
> sure I will have the ability to prototype that before this needs to be
> deployed. Do you have examples of where what is done currently?

I only tested it so I can't point you to any working configuration. But,
M67 (instead of M68) will blend with the axis movement so you can
synchronize both the analog output change and the movement. M68 sets the
value immediately as a digital output does.

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gcode/m-code.html#mcode:m67