On 11/23/22 12:19, Alec Ari via Emc-developers wrote:
OK, so that should work with the Github CI/CD too then, right?

Yes.  Here's a recent run of our CI in Github Actions:

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/actions/runs/3500716822

This is the script that controls it:

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/.github/workflows/ci.yml

As you can see we currently build run-in-place and run the test suite, we build the html docs, and we build & test debs on multiple debian distros (Buster, Bullseye, Bookworm, and Sid).

All this is done on Github's runners, which are all amd64 with vanilla kernels. So it exercises amd64 uspace pretty well but doesn't exercise any other CPU architecture, and doesn't exercise RTAI.

Our mesaflash build uses a different (3rd-party) action to test building debs on multiple CPU architectures, using docker:

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/mesaflash/actions/runs/3422479631

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/mesaflash/blob/master/.github/workflows/ci.yml#L43-L47

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky