Le mar. 15 nov. 2022 à 01:03, Rod Webster <r...@vehiclemods.net.au> a écrit :

> I'll just wait until you guys decide on a way forward and iff the offer we
> have is required.
> Perhaps the Github actions could be extended to build the 2.9 branch?

I don't see what would prevent us to build whatever branches we'd want to !?

> If that were possible, maybe the VM here does the RTAI build?

That remains possible with the GitHub actions thanks to the
self-hosted runners feature:
https://github.com/actions/runner
https://docs.github.com/en/actions/hosting-your-own-runners
https://github.com/actions/runner/blob/main/docs/start/envlinux.md

> I'm not sure git will host the resulting debs

Sadly, the GitHub Packages feature only supports programming languages
modules packages.
This is why I looked for an hosting solution and found PackageCloud.io
which does just that.

> but it might be worth mentioning the Open build Service I linked to earlier
> can be incorporated
> right into sources.list with the appropriate security keys.

It is indeed ! Can't believe I didn't remember it and even that it
didn't pop up in the many searches I did :/
This could actually be the best option to keep all builds (RTAI
included), as it looks like OBS supports custom-built containers and
VMs, and package hosting all in the same place. It may well be able to
build the live ISO too, but I'm still not sure about that...
It also supports GitHub integration via webhooks and status reporting,
as well as it is Open Source and self-hostable, and even available in
Debian... what else ?! :)
https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/cha.obs.scm_ci_workflow_integration.html

OBS repositories could at least be mirrored/synced to
http://linuxcnc.org/dists/ if no more elegant solution is available

WDYT ?

PS: Brother projects like MesaCT, QtPyVCP, etc. packages could also be
built under LinuxCNC umbrella there too