Hello all,

I'm starting a new project to build a motor drive based upon igbt modules.
Hoping to build something that has a single type of controller that will
plug and play with various capacity igbt modules for various size motors.

This thing shall be able to act as either a vfd or servo drive.

I know this has been discussed before and it's time to get this idea going.
I'm tired of trying to source drives and vfds and having to learn how to
operate, integrate and maintain all these different devices, when they are
all functionally identical. (not to mention thay they are opaque and closed
source)

I'm starting out part of my investigation using a pine64 board. It's
risc-v based soc with 2 ethernet ports, wifi, bluetooth etc... I'm going to
initially interface it as an ethercat "device"

My first step is to get linux cnc running on it and go from there.

Does anyone have experience with anything risc-v related? Tips, advice,
resources pretty much any pointers are welcome to help me get up to speed
faster.

Also I need an initial igbt module "family" to target. Does anyone have any
suggesstions along those lines as well?

Hope all is well.

Thanks,
      Curtis