I realize that the product must meet the requirements.  The question wasn't
can I get around them, but rather how can I prove that the insulation system
is good for Class 130C levels given the unrealistically low temperature
rating these triple-insulated wires are approved for?

One of the answers I was looking for now seems clear:  for IEC 85 and
therefore for CE Mark purposes relating to EN60950 I can judge the
insulation system by the weakest link in the chain (as opposed to the more
onerous UL RIS approach).  In our present construction, the weakest link is
the triple-insulated wire, and the only temperature ratings I have to go by
are those of the manufacturer, UL, and CSA.  Unfortunately the agency and
manufacturer's ratings differ, and UL/CSA list it as 105C wire.

The question remains:  what do I have to do for CE Mark purposes to prove
that our insulation system is good for greater than Class 105C temperatures
given the presence of wire that has UL/CSA ratings of 105C but a higher
manufacturer's rating?

Thanks again,
Jim Eichner
Statpower Technologies Corporation
jeich...@statpower.com
The opinions expressed are those of my invisible friend