From:   Muriel Bittencourt de Liz[SMTP:mur...@inep.ufsc.br]
Sent:   22 September 1998 21:35
To:     Lista de EMC da IEEE
Subject:        Doubt on Measuring with Spectrum Analyser

Hello all,

I'm doing my measurements of conducted emissions using a Spectrum
Analyser, but my site isn't shielded, i.e. some interferences ( radio
stations ) appear at the screen of the SA. So, i'm doing this: i record
the signal with the product tested at "off" and when i turn the product
"on", i subtract the signal of "on" minus the signal of "off". this
means that i subtract the "ambient noise" from the noise being generated
by the product itself.

What i really want to know is: is this procedure correct? am i doing a
nonsense thing?

Any comments will be welcome.

thanks

Muriel

 Muriel Bittencourt de Liz
 INEP - Instituto de Eletronica de Potencia
 Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
 Caixa Postal - 5119
 88.040-970 - Florianopolis - SC - BRASIL
 Phone: +55.48.331.9204 - Fax: +55.48.234.5422
 e-mail:   mur...@inep.ufsc.br
 Homepage:   http://www.inep.ufsc.br