Dear all
There is a UK EMC test equipment company called Laplace Instruments that
claims to have done considerable work on this sort of issue, having
found that A-B does not work.

They have special software that uses a calibrated Comparison Noise
Emitter to compensate for site variations. It may also be useful against
ambients. It is a low-cost pre-compliance system and not intended for
full compliance tests.

I only know of it through talking to them at the IEEE show in Denver.
For more info: their site is www.laplace.co.uk or you could Email David
Mawdsley at t...@laplace.co.uk.

Hope this helps!
Keith Armstrong