Hello Group,

Thanks for all that answered my question. This question was due to some
measurements of conducted emissions that i've made. First, i've done
measurements with the Ground Choke in position "OUT". Then, the ambient
interference diminished a lot, as shows Fig. 1. Then i've switched the
ground choke to "IN" position, as shows Fig. 2. The standards i'm using
are based on European Standards ( CISPR 22, CISPR 15). Figs. 1 and 2 are
attached.

So, when i try to do measurements, the spectra of conducted emissions
change according to switch position (ground choke on or off).

My questions are:

=> Which emission measurement should i trust: the one with switch "IN"
or the one in "OUT" position (ground choke "in" or "out")

=> Could somebody make clear to me if CISPR requires this ground choke?

=> the ground choke is a must only in VDE measurements?

I Think that's all...

Thanks in advance!

Muriel

Helge Knudsen wrote:

> Dear group,
> The use of ground choke in conducted measurements was specified in
> "Verfügerung 1046/1982" when testing to comply with VDE 0871 if the
> measured noise was closer to the limit than 5 dB.
> This second measurement must then also comply with the limit.
> The value of this ground conductor choke was specified to 1.6 mH.
>
> I believe the reason for this sophisticated measurement were required
> because the inductance in ground lead in really live may increase the noise
> level with several dB's.
> I hope this clarified the matter.
>
> Best regards
> Helge Knudsen
> Jyske EMC
> Denmark
> hknud...@jyske-emc.com

 Muriel Bittencourt de Liz
 INEP - Instituto de Eletronica de Potencia
 Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
 Caixa Postal - 5119
 88.040-970 - Florianopolis - SC - BRASIL
 Phone: +55.48.331.9204 - Fax: +55.48.234.5422
 e-mail:   mur...@inep.ufsc.br
 Homepage:   http://www.inep.ufsc.br

<<inline: fig1.gif>>

<<inline: fig2.gif>>