Bonjour de Montreal,

After a careful reading of EN61000-3-3, we tried to identify the testing
conditions for computer devices and peripherals. Appendix A of the standard
details the conditions for various household equipments.

In section A.11 they specify that the test condition for consumer
electronic devices is to measure only the dmax (maximum 4% of voltage
variation).

Are computer and peripheral considered as consumer electronic device ?

If it is the case, then we don't need a flikermeter to meet the EN61000-3-3.

Any comments ?

Benoit Nadeau, ing. M.ing. (P.Eng., M.Eng)
Gerant du Groupe Conformite (Conformity Group Manager)
Matrox <http://www.matrox.com/>

1055, boul. St-Regis
Dorval (Quebec) Canada
H9P 2T4