That's what I love about this mailing list. I learn something new most every
day. Thanks Tania!

        ----------
        From:  Grant, Tania (Tania) [SMTP:tgr...@lucent.com]
        Sent:  Wednesday, March 10, 1999 4:27 PM
        To:  'EMC-PSTC - forum'; 'WOODS, RICHARD'
        Subject:  RE: Rack System Safety (UL1950/EN 60950) Questions

        Richard,

        Regarding your last statement   "....I don't believe that they [CSA
& UL]
        will accept each others marks."

        Certain UL and CSA component standards have been "harmonized" and, I
        believe, this effort is continuing.  If you look at Appendix  P.2
[be sure
        it is P.2 and not P.1]  of UL 1950, 3rd edition, you will find a
matrix of
        UL and CSA component standards where meeting one or the other is
considered
        acceptable for meeting the requirements of UL1950, 3rd edition.
        Additionally, if you are working with an astute UL engineer, very
often they
        will inform you of additional components that fall under that
category but
        have not yet been published in this Appendix.

                Tania Grant, Lucent Technologies, Octel Messaging Division
                tgr...@lucent.com