Dear Joe,

I am using for this purpose the LOCTITE 416 or 4204 INSTANT ADHESIVE
(Loctite part # 41650 for 416) along with the correspondent ACCELERATOR
LOCTITE 7452.(part # 18637). The thermocouple will be fixed to the location
in less  than 10 seconds.
A very small quantity of adhesive is used,(it does not interfere with the
measured values) and I found that it is the easiest was to keep in place the
thermocouples. ( I am using thermocouples AWG30 and this adhesive provides a
good contact for temperature up to 120 degrees Celsius). I did not have
problems with the thermocouples for at least 48 hours.
It is an insulating material as well.

I hope it helps.

Respectfully yours,
Constantin