Hi Doug:

Your message was not clear whether you submitted
your product to the same NRTL that certified the
power supply.

Basically, your cert engineer has put YOU in the
middle of a beef between cert engineers or between
cert houses.

Your cert engineer found a fault in the power
supply cert.  Rather than go to the power supply
cert engineer or the other cert house, your cert
engineer makes you be the bad guy once removed.
You must go back to the power supply mfgr, who
will then go back to the power supply cert
engineer with the bad news: the power supply cert
engineer messed up on the fuse.

This is typical cert house engineer behavior.  It
establishes who is the better cert engineer, and
belittles the other cert engineer.  Its a power
play by your cert engineer to put himself into a
more advantageous position for future advancement
or promotion.

The same can be said of differences between two
cert houses.

If both engineers are in the same cert house, then
you will need to go fairly high in the organization
to resolve this.  Both immediate managers will back
their respective cert engineers.

There is no way you can win this one.  You are the
messenger.  Your product cert is being held hostage
until you fix the problem with any of four options:

1)  add the second fuse in your product (which your
    cert house engineer knows is ridiculuous and
    that you are not likely to do);
2)  demand the PS manufacturer change the fuse and
    re-certify (which will embarrass the PS cert
    engineer -- which is the objective);
3)  go to another cert house (which your cert engr
    doesn't believe you will do).
4)  assuming the Conditions of Acceptability do not
    require a dc fuse, then climb the management
    chain to get the cert house to accept its own
    certification (but this is not a good choice
    because the fuse SHOULD be a dc-rated fuse).

For me, the best option is to yank your product and
go to another NRTL.  And let your cert engineer's
boss know why you are yanking the product.  Money
speaks.

Best regards,
Rich