----------
From:  Corinne SALINGRE [SMTP:corinne.salin...@cstelecom.com]
<mailto:[SMTP:corinne.salin...@cstelecom.com]>
Sent:  Tuesday, May 23, 2000 1:25 PM
To:  wo...@sensormatic.com <mailto:wo...@sensormatic.com>
Subject:  Re: R&TTE directive

This is a very 'touchy' discussion matter now in Brussels...
Main points :
*       difference between 'a' declaration of conformity (writing indicating
that the product is in compliance with the essentail requirements of the
R&TTE directive) and 'the' DoC (copy of the original) to be included in the
package : this makes a great difference ('a' DoC can be written in advance,
'the' DoC is often signed in the latest moment ...)
*       'a' DoC can be in the same language than the notice it is included
in, 'the' DoC will be in one (or 1+english) language (the language of the
manufacturer + eventually english). My boss will not signed a paper in 12
languages (and especially if he does not understand what he is signing !)
Even if a decision is made in Brussels, remember that only the local law is
applicable in one country. So some countries can require that 'a' or 'the'
DoC included in the package to be in their language.

Where is harmonization ?
Wait and see ...
Corinne Salingre
CS TELECOM,  France