From: geor...@lexmark.com [mailto:geor...@lexmark.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 11:21 AM
To: nick.willi...@conformance.co.uk
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Requirements for Australia

Nick,

I know that AC/DC adapters commonly used with small electronic products
require category certification by an authorized AU/NZ agency, e.g. QAS.
I suspect a battery charger will require the same, but cannot comment on
the applicable standard given your application.

Our adapters are for powering ITE printers, and have CB Reports to IEC
60950.

George Alspaugh
Lexmark International Inc.

nick.williams%conformance.co...@interlock.lexmark.com on 05/17/2000 04:57:00