From: ricklinf...@phobos.com [mailto:ricklinf...@phobos.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 6:33 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: IEC 825 and Light Emitting diodes.

Hi group,

When evaluating IEC 825-1 for fiber optic LAN transceivers I came across
requirements for LED's. I have known that the EU had some requirements for
LED emission. Being on the US side of the pond I have not seen how it is
applied.

Are manufactures doing fault testing on LED to ensure the class 1 levels
are maintained?
Are manufacturers labeling products with LED's (this covers just about
every electronic product I know of) with the "CLASS 1 LED PRODUCT" as
required in 5.12 of IEC 825?

Rick Linford