The 80/80 rule for compliance has some more implications then one
might think. If the mean emission level of your products is f.a.
at 100 Mhz on 29 dbuV/m and the standard deviation in your products is 5 dB,
then this implicates that more then 20% of the production is exceeding the
30 dBuV/m limit.
This may happen easily if the standard deviation is calculated from a few
samples.
If a series of 6 contains of the following values:
29,28,29,28,22,29 , then the 80/80 rule would FAIL ! Using the following
series:
29,28,29,28,27,29 , the 80/80 rule would PASS

As you may easily see, a full compliant series close to the limit may fail
the 80/80 rule
if extrapolated to a full production run.

I have available for those interested a spread sheet for calculations
of the 80 80 rule, i once downloaded from a site, upon instigation of
one of this list's members. I do not remember who, how and where, but the
author
deserves the credit , not me ! May he (she) rise !

Regards,

Gert Gremmen, (Ing)

ce-test, qualified testing

Web presence  http://www.cetest.nl
CE-shop http://www.cetest.nl/ce_shop.htm
/-/ Compliance testing is our core business /-/