We have an engineer who did ESD testing once on the pins of ICs buried in a
power supply assembly.  The unit passed, and he thought it was a great way to
show product robustness.
However, when I asked him if he would redesign power supplies that failed his
special test, he replied he wouldn't.

Would _you_ redesign your system if it failed?

----
Patrick Lawler
plaw...@west.net