Bob,

Similar situation applies to EN 300 440
"Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum
Matters (ERM); Short range devices; Radio equipment to
be used in the 1 GHz to 40 GHz frequency range". 440-2
is harmonized but reference to 440-1 which is not
harmonized.

What I did for my customers was always present a copy
of "Compliance Strategy" to Notified Body and always
got a green light so far.

I am not sure if I had to do so but it worked very
well.

Leslie